Ice Skating/Shuffling Downtown

A few weeks ago, I found myself thinking about how this is really my last semester at Aquinas. As much as I am ready and prepared to graduate this spring, I know I will miss this place dearly. Yet, I was thinking about how I still have so much to experience in Grand Rapids. So, with this in my mindset, I felt a trip to the Rosa Park’s Circle ice skating rink was in need.

Not being the most experienced ice skater, I was a bit hesitant to just leap out onto the rink. Luckily, I was able to venture to the rink with many of my friends who were so experienced that they brought their own skates. Gripping the side wall of the rink for dear life, I slowly but surely started making my way around. I did, however, feel a little embarrassed when I saw a group of 3rd graders zoom past me on the rink. Eventually, I did let go of the wall and shuffled along the ice but not without almost taking out a couple on a date, an elderly woman, and some kids. Fortunately, I did know how to stop so there were no injuries during this time of me attempting to skate (or shuffle across the rink.) From this night of friends and skating, I can only think about how blessed I am to be able to step out of my comfort zone, try new things, and enjoy some fun times with friends!