Fond Memories of AQ

Spending the past four years of my life at Aquinas College has really been an amazing experience. I know that I will look back on my time at Aquinas with fond memories because of everything that AQ has offered me. Recently, I have been really thinking about my time here at Aquinas because I am graduating this May with Elementary Education certification and focuses in Reading and Math. I have taken advantage of all of the opportunities that Aquinas had to offer. From traveling to Guatemala on a service learning trip, participating in the “March for Life” in Washington D.C., or leading the South Manitou Island backpacking retreat, I have really been able to grow as a person. I have learned more about myself and have become much more confident in my beliefs and am ready to take action!

In the midst of all of the traveling I have done through Aquinas, I have come to a few realizations about life. You can travel on retreats or go on service learning trips, but the place doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of life. It’s the connections you make with the people in those places that really creates some great life experiences. It’s important to have positive attitudes, practice what you preach, and take time for those important “people connections.” I have really thrived at Aquinas because it is a community where it is so easy to become involved in what you love to do. This is really due to the fact that I have really connected with so many people on campus and throughout the Grand Rapids community. Remember, the people really make the place and make sure to count your blessings.