Week Seven

I can’t believe it’s week seven. Next week will be the last week before spring break. People are preparing to go on vacations or service trips or just start new quads, and I’m sitting here wondering where the time went. It feels like just yesterday I was home for Thanksgiving, for Christmas, for New Year’s, but somehow it’s already almost March?

February gets an extra day this year, but that doesn’t seem to make the rapidly passing time logical. I shouldn’t be surprised that the semester has gone so quickly, since it always does. But I’m consistently surprised. Shouldn’t there be more time to enjoy life and my time at school before I have to leave it? I still have next year, but won’t that one go even quicker?

We had a Facebook group for my floor freshman year (Regina First West) and yesterday one of the guys posted something about how most of the floor is graduating at the end of this semester, but somehow it feels like we were just there on First West, fresh faced and ready to experience college. Now most of us are getting ready to experience “the real world.” Four years has passed much too quickly, and that frightens me about the future. But it excites me as well. I’ve gotten to experience so much in the past four years, and I’m looking forward to seeing what else is out there for me.